After finally learning the unfortunate news that my Acer Iconia Tab A500 did not support USB Accessory Mode and realizing that I wouldn’t be able to use my Google ADK or do any Android Open Accessory development, I decided to return the tablet and purchase a Motorola Xoom instead.
Well, the tablet arrived, and I eagerly plugged it in to the ADK, and it worked right away, just like it should.
In addition to actually supporting Accessory mode, it’s nice to see that Motorola actively supports a development community at MOTODEV.
Now that I have a working system, it’s time to get started with accessory development. In addition to the ADK, I also have a VNC2 and I just got an IOIO from SparkFun.
No comments yet.